Outfit #12 fell on a Sunday. I decided to push the envelope a bit for a Sunday church going outfit. For a couple of reasons. 1. I grew up in a conservative traditional church and attended a parochial school and didn’t get a lot of choice in what I was going to wear each day. And 2. Years ago, when I began to truly study the New Testament and the life of Jesus I discovered, to my utter delight, that he was a rule breaker. And by that I mean he was constantly pushing the envelope as it related to the rules man makes. He was clear, very clear, that he came to fulfill the law and the prophets but that he was not bound by the traditions of men.
I discovered that Jesus did all sorts of innovative things:
- He spoke to women–even women with bad reputations
- He taught women, they were among his followers and supports. Many women financially supported his ministry.
- He healed women
- He healed on the Sabbath
- He allowed his followers to “work” on the Sabbath by breaking off grain to eat
- He touched and healed the leper
- He was friends with tax collectors, prostitutes and other disreputable sinners
- He cast out demons
- He turned water into wine, lots of water into lots of premium wine
Just to name a few.
Here is my break the Sunday rules outfit (sorry for the goofy grin):
Dress: Max Azaria, Pleather jacket: H&M, Leggings: HUE, Boots: Macy Bean, Handmade Discipler necklace a gift from my wonderful husband. He had it made special for me.